JohnP

A few for Yellowstone (and elsewhere)

Post by JohnP » Thu May 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Kauffman's stone, golden

Kauffman's stone, brown

20 inch stone

Psyho prince, purple

Psycho prince, green

It was cloudy today and I tried shooting these indoors. Not real pleased with the photographic results, but here they are.
DUBBN

Re: A few for Yellowstone (and elsewhere)

Post by DUBBN » Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 pm

You are going to love that 20 incher!

Great job on all of them.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 pm

OOOO...VERY NICE!!!

Dont leave your fly box were I can get to it. :twisted: ;) :D
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Fri May 09, 2014 6:58 am

Those are all really nice, JohnP. I especially like the Golden Stone, but if DUBBN says the 20-Inch is the pick of the litter, I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. P.S. If you leave your fly box with me, I will guard it against Ray's ill-intentioned advances ;) .
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Fri May 09, 2014 7:37 am

tie2fish wrote:Those are all really nice, JohnP. I especially like the Golden Stone, but if DUBBN says the 20-Inch is the pick of the litter, I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. P.S. If you leave your fly box with me, I will guard it against Ray's ill-intentioned advances ;) .
I couldnt call it the pick of the litter. The 20 incher just happens to be my favorite stone nymph pattern. Has been for 20 years. :) The other nymphs John tyed and posted are amazing. I have no doubt there are some sure fire fish catchers in there. I am a bit jealous that I have been tying the big stones for so many years, and Johns tyes are light years ahead of what I can produce. And he did it ONE HANDED!

Again, great job John!
JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 am

DUBBN wrote:
tie2fish wrote:Those are all really nice, JohnP. I especially like the Golden Stone, but if DUBBN says the 20-Inch is the pick of the litter, I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. P.S. If you leave your fly box with me, I will guard it against Ray's ill-intentioned advances ;) .
I couldnt call it the pick of the litter. The 20 incher just happens to be my favorite stone nymph pattern. Has been for 20 years. :) The other nymphs John tyed and posted are amazing. I have no doubt there are some sure fire fish catchers in there. I am a bit jealous that I have been tying the big stones for so many years, and Johns tyes are light years ahead of what I can produce. And he did it ONE HANDED!

Again, great job John!
Thanks for all the kind words. I am actually able to use both hands, as the doctor advised light finger exercises following carpal tunnel surgery, which I took to mean the doctor was ordering me to tie flies. I wonder how long I can use that dodge ... ;)

P.S.: Not being able to tie for two weeks was rough. Currently I can get through two flies before I have to rest my hand, so I only managed eight flies yesterday.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri May 09, 2014 11:55 am

Bill - :lol: :D ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri May 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I'd be happy to trade fly boxes with either Bill, Ray or Wayne. ;)