Fisher Tail

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Re: Fisher Tail

Post by DUBBN » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:06 pm

I suppose it's time to come clean on the Fishertail. On another board a fellow offered a Cree hen saddle for trade. I offered him a Blue Wildebeest hide, and a starling skin. I sent him the items along with some blonde elk hair. In return he sent me the hen saddle along with some Eastern Turkey tail feathers and the Fisher Tail. When Jeff asked if it was store bought or other means my brain short circuited. I got to thinking. What if I needed a written permission to own the tail? What if it was endangered? Holy Moly I started to sweat. I found out it was caught (legally) and tanned from the person that sent it to me, and I am in no trouble owning it.

William, the trout took both patterns. It was close enough that I didnt keep count.

Thank you for the kind words all.
Mataura mayfly

Re: Fisher Tail

Post by Mataura mayfly » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Heck, I never even considered legal ramifications..... I was just wondering if you bought it at the store, ran it down with your pick up truck and the tail was all that was worth scraping off of the tarmac..... or you went a huntin' for it....... not if having a Fisher tail was going to land you in a Federal Goal! :lol:
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.