Golden Stone attempt

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Golden Stone attempt

Post by letumgo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:09 pm

I use the small high power rare earth (neodymium) magnets. You can buy them at the hardware store in small packs of 5 or 10 magnets. They are super powerful and are great for holding hooks/tools/razors in place on the base of your vice.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:14 pm

Wayne, I really like your stonefly nymph pattern. These nymphs lend themselves to become overly complicated or lean to far in the realism direction for me, but you've struck a wonderful balance between features and impression. This is an excellent pattern to keep on file.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
redietz

Post by redietz » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 pm

letumgo wrote:I use the small high power rare earth (neodymium) magnets. You can buy them at the hardware store in small packs of 5 or 10 magnets. They are super powerful and are great for holding hooks/tools/razors in place on the base of your vice.
And if you use a Regal vise, they make nice material clips (or maybe I should say clamps) as well.
Bob
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 pm

This is really awesome Wayne! I am going to start prowling thru Olivia's toys and see what I can come up with! She has a pile of them warehoused at our place just in case! Gotta love those grandkids!
Grandpa Du (Livie calls me Pap!)
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.