Mayhem and Biot Emergers

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Re: Mayhem and Biot Emergers

Postby William Anderson » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:39 pm

letumgo wrote:
Happy for you bud! Soak it in. You're living my fly fishing day dreams.


Me too. Nice to see someone besides the Kiwis having all the fun. That little biot softie is a killer. Do you add split shot or drop it behind something heavy? Looks like it would ride high otherwise. Always curious to hear how you rouse those big guys.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
User avatar
William Anderson
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4387
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Ashburn, VA 20148

Re: Mayhem and Biot Emergers

Postby letumgo » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:45 pm

What is the water temp? Is it still in the low 30's?
User avatar
letumgo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9122
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: Mayhem and Biot Emergers

Postby redietz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:26 pm

letumgo wrote:What is the water temp? Is it still in the low 30's?


I noticed that the ground appeared to be some color other than white. I'd forgotten that such a thing was possible.
Bob
User avatar
redietz
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: Central Maryland

Re: Mayhem and Biot Emergers

Postby DUBBN » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:45 pm

letumgo wrote:What is the water temp? Is it still in the low 30's?


Ray, I have no idea what the water temperature is. If I had to guess I would say low 40's. Air temperature was 54 degrees when we finished our float.

redietz wrote:
I noticed that the ground appeared to be some color other than white. I'd forgotten that such a thing was possible.


The week earlier Sunlight ski area 5 miles away and a 1,000 feet higher in elevation received a foot of snow. Aspen, 30 miles away received 2 feet of snow. The snow doesnt stick around long at lower elevations here in Colorado when the temperatures reach 50 to 60 in the Spring time. ;)

William Anderson wrote:
Me too. Nice to see someone besides the Kiwis having all the fun. That little biot softie is a killer. Do you add split shot or drop it behind something heavy? Looks like it would ride high otherwise. Always curious to hear how you rouse those big guys.


Low clear water. I used an indicator with split shot attached above the flies. Most of the strikes came as I let the rig start to rise off the bottom. I could see trout chasing emergers off the bottom all day long, so it was a no brainer to use this technique.
DUBBN
 

Previous

Return to Fly Dressings - Nymphs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest