Size 18 & 16 Caddis Pupa

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Size 18 & 16 Caddis Pupa

Post by DUBBN » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:38 pm

I thought I would throw some smaller caddis patterns together. See how they work pre-runoff. I saw a couple caddis fluttering around the other day.

letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Size 18 & 16 Caddis Pupa

Post by letumgo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Nice "hatch" Wayne. They look very effective. I'm looking forward to your stream report.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:07 pm

I cannot imagine those not working, Wayne. Like Ray, I anxiously await an account of your next float.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Wayne,
They look....delicious! From a trouts point of view of course! Very real looking (in other words, a great imitation!) and we can only imagine how great they will do when thoroughly dunked! You are one talented tier Wayne! I too want to hear the stream results on these little jewels! I know these would knock the snot out of some big bluegill in my neck of the woods!
In awe for sure,
D.
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
crazy4oldcars

Post by crazy4oldcars » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:17 am

I agree, Doug! I'm going to cobble a few together and add 'em to my box to try.
(IF I ever get to go fishing. It went from too cold, to the creek running 12' above normal.)

Kirk
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks folks. According to my journals the fish should be turning on to caddis in the next few days.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:04 am

tie2fish wrote:I cannot imagine those not working, Wayne. Like Ray, I anxiously await an account of your next float.
Same here. I remember you fishing these last season but I don't recall how well you liked them. They look like amazing "food stuff" and should certainly find their mark. I'm glad you're getting out there.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Thanks William. Last year just before murky high water, and for about a month during the murky water, these patterns did very well for me.

I know in the photos these patterns look gaudy, but once the fur that is in split thread and the hackle collapses around the body, the color becomes very subdued.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Nice!!!
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Caught a lot of these guys today till lunch. Then the river turned to moss, and not a bite was had. Size 8 Stone nymph, and a size 18 caddis pupa. I w\swear I messed up all my photos today.