Experimenting

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

fishhead

Experimenting

Post by fishhead » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:29 am

I posted a soft hackle caddis last night and trimming the cdc and using it as a hackle on the body gave me an idea. I can't wait to throw these in the water and see how the trout respond
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (187.15 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Experimenting

Post by letumgo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:44 am

Welcome back fishhead. It is great seeing you posting again. I have no doubts that your experimental flies are going to be very effective, when you field test them. I'd fish those in a heartbeat.

Can you tell us more about the construction of the fly, and the design elements?
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
fishhead

Post by fishhead » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:36 pm

They are all on tmc nymph hook size 14
Thread orange 6/0
Body yellow nylon covered lightly with bronze mallard fibers, then cdc trimmed and hackled with extra fine gold wire to hold it in place
Thorax yellowish gold superfine dubbing
Wing case is more of the bronze mallard on the fly to the left
Wing partridge on the other 2

I was just kinda messing around and I ended up being really happy with the result. I'm sure I will have this trimmed cdc add on applied to the body and added to a mess load of my go to nymphs by spring. Got some tying to do cuz it will be like a monkey on my back now till I have a boxes worth done.
fishhead

Post by fishhead » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 am

fishhead wrote:They are all on tmc nymph hook size 14
Thread orange 6/0
Body yellow nylon covered lightly with bronze TURKEY QUILL fibers, then cdc trimmed and hackled with extra fine gold wire to hold it in place
Thorax yellowish gold superfine dubbing
Wing case is more of the bronze TURKEY QUILL on the fly to the left
Wing partridge on the other 2

I was just kinda messing around and I ended up being really happy with the result. I'm sure I will have this trimmed cdc add on applied to the body and added to a mess load of my go to nymphs by spring. Got some tying to do cuz it will be like a monkey on my back now till I have a boxes worth done.
Correction to the TURKEY QUILL