Size 22 Brown Hackle Peacock

Moderators: letumgo, William Anderson

DUBBN

Re: Size 22 Brown Hackle Peacock

Post by DUBBN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:35 pm

DOUGSDEN wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:32 pm That is one nice looking flock of birds! My daughters are into raising all sorts of chickens. Some of which look very familiar to yours! They think eggs, I think otherwise....and they know it! "Dad, stay out of the chicken coop!"
Hoping the feathers wind up in
Dougsden
:lol:

Those are not my chickens. I havent had a chicken for 20 years. Those are just photos of the type of feathers I had access to many moons ago.
Theroe

Re: Size 22 Brown Hackle Peacock

Post by Theroe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 am

DOUGSDEN wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:32 pm That is one nice looking flock of birds! My daughters are into raising all sorts of chickens. Some of which look very familiar to yours! They think eggs, I think otherwise....and they know it! "Dad, stay out of the chicken coop!"
Hoping the feathers wind up in
Dougsden
Doug - you have to become a “father – plucker”......a la Darbee: get a pillowcase and make a cut about 3 inches in from the corner. Place over your favorite rooster poking his head and neck out through the hole. Get down on your knees and insert the rooster in the bag between your legs: now you have two hands to pluck away!
After the first couple of times you do it, they get used to it and don’t mind.
Dana

Post script: submitting a video of the above mentioned task will get you many points with the forum ghillie...... your name might even get red letters!!!! :lol: :lol:
Soft and wet - the only way....