Wax (redux)

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

cassady

Re: Wax (redux)

Post by cassady » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks, Ruard (and Bill) -- I'll keep a fire extinguisher handy.

Bill, I really appreciate the advice, and your explanation of pulling the wax. I did have success previously with the Nolte recipes; it's a good place to start.

That leads to a question, however: in my various reading on the web, I've noted that there are three common recipes: the 721C, the 622 winter, and then a 621. The 621 is said to be the hardest of the three (I haven't made this one yet). This seems counterintuitive to me -- I would have supposed the 721 to be harder, as the percentage of rosin (which I would have thought of as providing the 'hardness') is higher. Yet it's something I've seen in several places, so I can't just assume it's a simple mistake. Any thoughts?

And thanks for the advice on the rosin bag, T2F -- I'll pick one up while I'm waiting for the ww grade rosin I'm going to order today.
Kelly L.

Re: Wax (redux)

Post by Kelly L. » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

I have enjoyed reading about the waxes. I do not have the nerve yet, to make my own wax. The story of how the wax wouldn't come off well, is one of the reasons I am hesitant to try it. I would not try this inside. This sounds like an outside project to me...LOLLLLLLLLLL.
Kelly