Single and Multi-Fly Displays

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

wayneb

Re: Single and Multi-Fly Displays

Post by wayneb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks for starting this post Cassady, great information!

You got me thinking, what if I purchased a bunch of the really small electronic grabbers and epoxied small magnets on the back of them. Then, used some type of painted sheet metal board with a frame around it? You would have a display with infinite possibilities.

Wayneb
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:56 am

I made a multi-fly display once as an auction item that was a wood base. Out the top of the base were polished copper wire pieces of different lengths. I manipulated them around into a "bush" shape. At the end of each wire piece was a wine cork each brand being fishing related so each cork had a fish theme to it. Then I stuck about 3 flies to each cork. It was a big hit.

Also, for individual flies you can use baseball card hard cases. They come in different thickness (depending on the amount of cards they are intended to hold). They will protect the fly very well as they have all the features to keep baseball cards pristine. Use a small glue dot on the case and push the hook into the glue dot to hold it in place. Looks like the fly is just floating in space within the thin case.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
tjd

Post by tjd » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:29 am

Jeff,

Actually, wine boxes...come with no cork or screw top. A headache without the benefit of something to stick a fly into when it is finished!

Merry Christmas, all!

Tim