SBS White Miller Flymph.

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Greenwell

Re: SBS White Miller Flymph.

Post by Greenwell » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Eric,

Looks just right for the White Miller and well tied! I have a list of flies that need replenishing after the carnage we brought down on the Firehole trout and this pattern is right up there. And at least now I have a use for those partridge neck and breast feathers.............

FYI, there was an article in Fly Fisherman magazine recently on the WM and also a chapter in "Fly Patterns for Yellowstone, Volume 2". Fish seem to like them!
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Eric, your WMF worked well for me each day I tried it. I appreciate the flies on the stream and thanks for the SBS. Very nicely done. I would be surprised if its use doesn't extend beyond the Park. :D
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Greenwell wrote:Eric,

Looks just right for the White Miller and well tied! I have a list of flies that need replenishing after the carnage we brought down on the Firehole trout and this pattern is right up there. And at least now I have a use for those partridge neck and breast feathers.............

FYI, there was an article in Fly Fisherman magazine recently on the WM and also a chapter in "Fly Patterns for Yellowstone, Volume 2". Fish seem to like them!
Thanks John. I need to replenish some of the empty slots in my box as well. And yes, now you have another use for those shoulder feathers! :lol:
William Anderson wrote:Eric, your WMF worked well for me each day I tried it. I appreciate the flies on the stream and thanks for the SBS. Very nicely done. I would be surprised if its use doesn't extend beyond the Park. :D

Thanks Will, and you're very welcome.

I should mention that this is my variation on the original. Craig uses a light olive thread not silk. I like the silk for obvious reasons. And he uses zelon for the shuck, I just left it out completely.
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Craig had the shuck in the book Fly Patterns of Yellowstone V2 but not in his tying video. http://www.blue-ribbon-flies.com/how-to ... ft_hackle/ . Either way it is a fish magnet at the right time. :D