Body: Goose biot, dyed dark brown
Hackle: Hen, badger

Note: The Clutha is a Clyde style pattern

Cheers,
Hans W
Mataura mayfly

Re: Clutha

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Clutha, also a great Trout river in Central Otago NZ, although the Hydro systems in place on that river kind of changed (some say for the better, with Lake Dunstan stocked soon after forming) what used to be a big fast deep strong river system.

Nice winged Clyde style Hans, with a couple of shades darker on the biot it would be a great cripple/emerger for around here.

Incidentally, Clyde is the name of both the "new" dam and the township directly below the dam on the Clutha river here. ;)
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Mataura mayfly wrote:Clutha, also a great Trout river in Central Otago NZ, although the Hydro systems in place on that river kind of changed (some say for the better, with Lake Dunstan stocked soon after forming) what used to be a big fast deep strong river system.

Nice winged Clyde style Hans, with a couple of shades darker on the biot it would be a great cripple/emerger for around here.

Incidentally, Clyde is the name of both the "new" dam and the township directly below the dam on the Clutha river here. ;)
Jeff,

My Gaelic is non-existent so am going out on a limb here, but I do believe Clutha is the Gaelic word for Clyde. I fished the Clutha on NZ's South Island on my first visit there 8-)

Cheers,
Hans W
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Hans, thought you may have. It is a special river, would love it to supply Northern hemisphere Salmon runs from time to time. It is just (in my eye) the type of river to lend itself to big Salmon and double handed Spey set-up's.

Can neither confirm nor deny your suspicions. Gaelic is not often part of my day to day conversations either.
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.