Cowdung question

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

daringduffer

Re: Cowdung question

Post by daringduffer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 am

That Irish dubbing looks just the right colour for Swedish Cow Dung flies. Where I fish, no cows are grazing anywhere near streams. More southern streams would be different. I can resist, I can resist!

dd
wsbailey

Post by wsbailey » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:38 am

The places that Leisenring fished probably had plenty of cows nearby. Even in the 1960's, when I was growing up in N.Indiana, cows were an abundant part of the landscape. My grandmother lived in Speedway near Indianapolis. In those days, before air conditioned cars were common, nearly the entire trip was accompanied by the smell of cow manure. The roadsides are far more developed these days and the small family farm has lost ground to massive grain operations.
I have a few samples of Frankie McPhillips dubbing. The colors are brilliant and the texture is great. Good stuff!

Bill
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:27 pm

wsbailey wrote:I have a few samples of Frankie McPhillips dubbing. The colors are brilliant and the texture is great. Good stuff!

Bill
That's high praise, coming from you Bill.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:45 pm

letumgo wrote:Oh man, I did not need to see those Irish dubbing blends. Bill, I think you just cost me a fortune.

inner voice "Must resist temptation!"
I go through phases when I think I could not possibly deal with any more dubbing than I have at this point, but you see it and...it's a weird obsession. Those are really nice looking colors and blends.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com