Conjecture?

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Re: Conjecture?

Post by Soft-hackle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Whoa! Mark, tons of conjecture, there. I did not watch the entire presentation, and while some of what they say may be fact, there's a lot of supposition involved. If these people or person is so savvy regarding what is going to happen financially in this country, why aren't they working for the government? How come I've never heard of "their predictions"? Next, what are they trying to sell you?

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Conjecture indeed! Based on what I found when I Googled this infomercial, not everyone -- including the Securities and Exchange Commission -- seems to think this guy is on the up and up.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Obviously, you "Know" goin' in that there's always gonna be a catch (something they wanna SELL you), so that's a given.....after all, this is Amerika. And also obviously, it would not exactly be in the securities and exchange commissions best interest to go round saying this guy knows his ****. But his track record does speak for itself. And all i know is, "stranger things have happened." And i also know the meaning of one word, "COVER!"
Fortunately i have a relitive in Japan (my mother-in-law.....God help me :lol: ).....so we have that option. And Misa is a Japanese citizen, not a naturalized American.....she's here on a green card, and has been since the late 70's. Most of our "stash" so-to-speak, is wraped up in Yen anyway.....but if this guy IS right..........there's a tune that comes to mind. Things Aint What They Used To Be." ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Howdy ALL;

Which form of "conjecture" are you using and which meaning do intend to apply to your 'conjecture'?

Main Entry: conjecture
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: speculation, assumption
Synonyms: conclusion, fancy, guess, guesstimate, guesswork, hunch, hypothesis, inference, notion, opinion, perhaps, presumption, shot in the dark, sneaking suspicion, stab in the dark, supposition, surmise, theorizing, theory
Antonyms: fact, proof, reality, truth
or
Main Entry: conjecture
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: speculate
Synonyms: assume, believe, conceive, conclude, deem, estimate, expect, fancy, feel*, figure, gather, glean, guess, guesstimate, hazard a guess, hypothesize, imagine, infer, judge, presume, pretend, suppose, surmise, suspect, take a shot, take a stab, take for granted, theorize, think
Antonyms: prove

* = informal/non-formal usage

information gleened from Dictionary.com
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Mark,
Who is this guy? Do you know him? Do you know for sure he predicted what he says he has? I mean if he did, why didn't we hear about him sooner when he first predicted it? It seems someone should have heard him.

Anyone can say they predicted something after the fact and they can also make up graphs, etc to support anything they have to say. To me it sounds like a big ploy to get you to take their advice or seek it, and then I'm sure you pay for their services. Hey want me to advise you? In addition I can give you an account at my investment firm where you can deposit your money where it will definitely be secure. Or better yet, I can sell you some silver and gold, at my price, of course, because after all, these precious metals will only go up in value.

I say, watch what you listen to, and beware of one person or company that knows something nobody else knows, and for some reason, nobody else is listening to if they have the track record they claim they have. Strange!

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

michaelgmcgraw

Post by michaelgmcgraw » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:12 pm

I listened to the financial history part & the part where we are wrecking our own currency. That part was right on. I didn't
continue listening after that.
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 pm

:)

Otter

Post by Otter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Theres only one thing to do lads, spend all your savings on fishing tackle and fly tying stuff :D you may need to get seriously into imitative flies so you will be able to feed yourself and your family. :) - off course a large net maybe more effective
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 pm

guys........i only pulled your coat because i care.................i never said i believe this guy one way or the other.............or anything about anything having to do with his predictions or whatever..........i did say his track record speaks for itself.....................and all that is, is giving benifit of the doubt...................i couldn't care less wether he's right or not, because there is nothing i can do to stop it, if it is a valid prediction. We're doin' whatever we can to "COVER!" as we always do according to whatever the situation is, in any facet of life. Thass all you can do. "COVER!"
i just used it as an example of conjecture.....to see what type of reaction it would get.....and so i could try and judge it's possible validity by said reaction(s)........all part of "covering." You dig?

willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 am

If you look at what's happening in Egypt.....it's directly related to Wall St. and speculators running frickin' amock....Again. That same thing can happen here. Its GREED Bro. Greed is always an evil perpetuator of human suffering. Check it out. ;)