Fishing?

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Fishing?

Post by William Anderson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Mike, I sent a PM before your initial post here, so ignore that. If Nine Mile Creek has anything to fish in the headwater or lower, that sounds like something I'll try. I know a guy who wants to go out for steelies on Monday, so that should be interesting. I'll let you know how that works out. Anything you find out on your local water, please let me know what you think. I'll keep checking. Thanks for your help.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 am

William - I would invite you to Buffalo, but the weather forecast calls for heavy rain this weekend. The creeks are running very high, and any additional rain will guarantee they will be unfishable. Someday I would like to go fishing with you...
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Most of the rivers where I live don't open for trout until after Memorial Day. Right now, everything is high and muddy.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks Ray. There will be a day and all the planets will align. I'll be there.

John, I'm afraid that's what I'm going to run into this weekend, but my expectations are low which helps. (smiley)

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm

All of the rivers around home in Washington are blown out, very high and brown. On our trip to Idaho Falls through Oregon and southern Idaho, not a single river was in shape to fish. Even the Grand Ronde was off color (brown, not the delightful steelhead green) and high. Looking out of the hotel window, the Snake is very high and dirty. Our only option to do any fishing is a couple of spring creeks near here.

REE
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 pm

This is my first time to make it up to central NY and we got all the weather they promised. The streams I checked out today are torrents and rapids, flooded and windy. I never even strung up a rod. I saw some nice places though, and from what I hear, there are a lot of streams that are similar. I'll definitely make an effort to get up to see my wife's family soon.

w
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
redietz

Post by redietz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:29 pm

William -
You certainly didn't miss anything by not staying home. Everything around here is blown out, too.
Bob
michaelgmcgraw

Post by michaelgmcgraw » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 pm

William,
Please do come back up here again. Last year we had a heat wave and drought conditions. This bad weather is pretty much normal springtime weather-snow like heck in the winter rain like heck in the spring. There are some very nice small to midsized streams here, we should have good water temps and flows the rest of the season
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:59 pm

It has gotten much colder again once the storm passed thru. It was spitting snow & ice pellets this afternoon. :?
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean