Roaring Fork

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Re: Roaring Fork

Post by DUBBN » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:06 am

Yes, I almost always wear a Hawaiian shirt fishing in the summer. Serious, would you follow a local or a tourist to the best spots on a river? :ugeek: It's also the best way to get service at the fly shop. I can see the hamster wheel spinning in the heads of the guys behind the counter. They beat a path to sell me a leader thinking they have an automatic $600.00 clothing ensemble to sell to the dumby in the loud shirt! :lol:
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:29 am

DUBBN ~ Prolly no need for camo floating down the river in a boat, but if you wear that when you come to the Roscoe gathering in 2012, the Willow and 'Kill fishes won't come out of their hidey holes for a week :lol: . On the other hand, it will get you plenty of attention downtown ...
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 am

tie2fish wrote:DUBBN ~ Prolly no need for camo floating down the river in a boat, but if you wear that when you come to the Roscoe gathering in 2012, the Willow and 'Kill fishes won't come out of their hidey holes for a week :lol: . On the other hand, it will get you plenty of attention downtown ...
I beg to differ sir. Trout world wide have emailed me (with their under water PC's) and told me how they prefer the "Hawaiian" shirt approach to the art of fly fishing. Blue flower patterns on overcast days, Red, Yellow or Orange on Bluebird days, and Green patterned shirts when you just cant decide. Black patterned shirts are in good taste any time, as long as you dont have dandruf.

Remember, fly fishing is about the appearance, not results! ;)

If you will take a closer look, you will notice that I am wearing a camo hat. This is so that people that I may encounter on the river can NOT see what I am thinking! :lol:
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 am

As our friend Vicki would say, "I stand corrected." In my defense, however, the trout with which I am familiar are obviously quite provincial and lacking in modern technology as well.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:50 am

DUBBN wrote:
tie2fish wrote:DUBBN ~ Prolly no need for camo floating down the river in a boat, but if you wear that when you come to the Roscoe gathering in 2012, the Willow and 'Kill fishes won't come out of their hidey holes for a week :lol: . On the other hand, it will get you plenty of attention downtown ...
I beg to differ sir. Trout world wide have emailed me (with their under water PC's) and told me how they prefer the "Hawaiian" shirt approach to the art of fly fishing. Blue flower patterns on overcast days, Red, Yellow or Orange on Bluebird days, and Green patterned shirts when you just cant decide. Black patterned shirts are in good taste any time, as long as you dont have dandruf.

Remember, fly fishing is about the appearance, not results! ;)

If you will take a closer look, you will notice that I am wearing a camo hat. This is so that people that I may encounter on the river can NOT see what I am thinking! :lol:

Yes, Yes......but what about the shoes? The foundation for any ensemble?

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 am

One day, I will stop hijacking my own threads! :(

On this forum we have a "Hijack hank". and a "Detour Dubbn"

Shoes? I didnt gve any thought to them as I am mostly floating. I wish somebody would come out with a nice wing tip design for wading boots. Maybe merge a golf shoe manufacturer together with Simms?
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 am

Maybe if Fishpond comes out with a line of boots. They use more decoration on their stuff than Gucci. :D A man can only hope.

Wonderful report. I am really jealous. One day I'll make my way out there and need a net with a scale on it. Or just a net.

Nice hijack.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 am

DUBBN wrote:Yes, I almost always wear a Hawaiian shirt fishing in the summer. Serious, would you follow a local or a tourist to the best spots on a river? :ugeek: It's also the best way to get service at the fly shop. I can see the hamster wheel spinning in the heads of the guys behind the counter. They beat a path to sell me a leader thinking they have an automatic $600.00 clothing ensemble to sell to the dumby in the loud shirt! :lol:
Wayne

I LIKE the shirt. We need a little style around here. And you put some good thought into that as well! :lol:

Nice trip. You have some gorgeous fish there. I am truly jealous.

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 am

"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 am

Soft-hackle wrote:Hi,
I'll bet this one would have worked as well!

http://www.danica.com/flytier/jslattery ... caddis.htm

http://www.danica.com/flytier/jslattery ... caddis.htm

Mark

Maybe . Come on out a give that bushy bug a whirl!