Bamboo rods for flymphs

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

jong4029

Re: Bamboo rods for flymphs

Post by jong4029 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Time has been running fast. I got started on a rod, and got through to the rough planing and ready for the tempering oven and had to quit and run to AZ. for family problems. Anyone in need of some extra family? I got plenty and would share. Well during my time away I received a message that my order of bamboo was received by a friend of mine and was sitting in his warehouse. Nothing worse than being away and knowing that your bamboo is just sitting there waiting for you. Any way I have tried to post pictures on the forum, but am unable to get them to post. Any help will be apreciated.
Well we are looking at great weather comming here in New Mexico, so looking forward to getting out fishing. I have an arsenal of soft hackle flies and flymphs ready to go. Would be great to get a bamboo rod done and have it to go with me. It will be done soon, but the waiting and anticipation is hard.
Well here is hoping that you all are getting close to going fishing and getting your flies together and anticipating the year.
Here is wishing the best and greatest year to each and everyone of you.
Looking forward to seeing all the pictures and reading all the posts.
Jon
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Jon - Here is a link to a tutorial showning how to upload photos to the forum. Give this a try. If you have any troubles, shoot me a PM and I will be happy to step you thru the process.

http://www.flymphforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6041
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:39 am

Jon, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done. I wouldn't mind seeing the arsenal of soft-hackles and flymphs as well. (You just keep your extra family members =)
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
jong4029

Post by jong4029 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Dang, thought maybe I could get rid of a few.
I will look at the sight and see if my feeble mind can figure it out. But taking pictures of tiny flies is a lot to ask. Think a few lessons on that might be required, as I have tried in the past to get the camera to take the pics and I get fuz. Lots of it. But understand they aren't nearly as pretty as the ones here. Sure wish things weren't so technical these days. Just read that Mercedes has a car that can drive itself. So who's going to make the first rod that fishes itself. :( Was thinking that maybe we could make a fly with a tiny camera in the end so we could see why the fish don't like it. Ha HA.
Guess all the sun in AZ. has scrambled my nogin a bit.
We are going to the Chama River below the Abique dam Saturday to get some pointers from one of the local guides and then some politics about why we should vote to make it Catch and Release only. I am sure the fishin will be good, as this is the area that the state record brown came from. Suposed to have some major size browns and sometimes rainbows when the spawn is on. But mixin fishin with politics to me is like mixin realy good whisky with coke. But I am really pushing the club to put on fishing trips for the members so I figure that I should do my duty and go.
The weather here is getting really nice, a slight cold front but sunny times ahead. Got the major feaver on also. But got to get the major chores done ASAP, and some have been a long time coming. Like getting mommas sewing room done, and the garden tilled. Also looks like I may have to go back to southern AZ. for another trip to get the real estate all up to par and handed over to an agent.
We will be posting what we can as quick as I can. So stay tuned.
Thanks for all the suport
Jon
jong4029

Post by jong4029 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 pm

Lets give this a try.
Going to try to upload pictures of bamboo shipment.
Got a message The flie is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB. :roll:
Now what. :oops: These are pictures from my camera saved in my picture file.
Thanks for your patiance
Jon
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:58 am

Jon[/quote]Was thinking that maybe we could make a fly with a tiny camera in the end so we could see why the fish don't like it. Ha HA
Jon[/quote]

I don't see any reason you couldn't strap a go-pro to a Chernobyl Ant. It wouldn't alter the profile much. =)

There are several questions about posting images around. The best is likely the link Ray provided.

Good luck.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 am

Jon ~ You are not the first member to be discouraged by the image size limit for posting photos to the Forum as an attachment. Photos to be posted in this manner need to be "resized" (downsized), either in your camera or in your PC, by using the editing software these devices have. It would be counterproductive to attempt to explain here how to do this, as every version of every PC operating system and/or camera has a different format. It would be best for members who wish to maximize the quality of their photos and subsequently post them here (and other places) if they learn the ins and outs of their PC and/or camera functions. If you can figure out how to "crop" and "resize" the photos that are captured in your computer, cameras, and other digital devices, you will find it quite easy to get good pictures posted virtually anyplace you wish.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
jong4029

Post by jong4029 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Beginning rod making fotos 3-23-15 017.jpg resized.jpg
Beginning rod making fotos 3-23-15 017.jpg resized.jpg (108.12 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
First load of bamboo.
jong4029

Post by jong4029 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Well it is kinda there. Make a call to neice who is a computer wiz. and you can get a long phone call.
But will have to practice some more.
Thanks to all for the help.
Jon
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

That's quite the shipment Jon.. wow!