Spring in NY

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Wizard

Spring in NY

Post by Wizard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Got out today for a bit of C&R. Most fish came on BH Nymphs but I caught my first 2 ever on a small soft hackle.

Liam

Re: Spring in NY

Post by Liam » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Nice, fat, healthy browns. These fish have been eating. Great pics despite my jealousy. :mrgreen:
John Dunn

Post by John Dunn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 am

Thanks for sharing ,great looking fish. I don't think they were stockers .

Congratulations :)

John Dunn
"The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able." - Sparse Grey Hackle
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks for posting those great photos. Yes, it looks as if spring IS trying hard to make its way into NY. You can smell it in the air, and feel it in your being. I have yet to wet a line because I'm kind of taking it easy, recovering, but I expect to try my hand, soon.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 am

Nice fish, Wizard! Sure is nice to see open water again, isn't it. I got out fishing for a while yesterday. I only caught one fish, a spawning sucker caught on a peacock & partridge soft hackle. Believe it or not, suckers are a tough fish to catch. I've had a tough time getting them to take a fly. It sure was nice to soak up the spring sunshine for a while. Spring and Fall are my favorite times to fish.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 am

Nice pics, and thanks for sharing those. Some very nice looking browns. Softies and Nymphs are certainly the best bets at the moment, as long as you can get them deep enough. Looks like a great day.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com