Hardy Zenith Rods

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Jim Slattery
Site Admin

Hardy Zenith Rods

Post by Jim Slattery » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 pm

How many of you folks have tried the new Hardy Zenith rods?
Over the summer we had the good fortune to become a Hardy dealer. I figured great I can carry Hardy reels and Grey's equipment, how cool is that. Jon Malovich our Hardy rep asked me if I wanted any Zenith rods. I told him I wasn't sure as I hadn't tried the Zenith yet . He informed me that I had tried one the previous summer at Blue Ribbon Flies 35th anniversary event that was held down the road. Then I remembered , it was a nice rod. So I ordered a couple for the shop.
A few weeks later the rods and reels arrived and immediately I had our shop guy set one up a 9' 5 wt, We procceeded to cast it out on the lawn and were highly impressed.
Super light yet very strong and very accurate. They are amazing rods, soft at the tip but still with enough zip to punch through the wind. Really effortless to cast but if you lean into it responds. One thing we noticed is that there isn't any occilation or warble when you load it up, it stays true.
It has replaced my Sages, Cortland Brook, Diamondback and the Grey's Streamflex rods. To be honest I was really excited to get the Streamflex but I just can't seem to part with the Zenith, probably the best all around rod that I have ever used, it really lacks at nothing, though I prefer a longer rod for mending and such. I love this rod!
Jim Slattery
Site Admin

Re: Hardy Zenith Rods

Post by Jim Slattery » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 am

Here is the latest Rod shoot out from George Anderson: http://yellowstoneangler.com/4weightsho ... errods.asp
Guess what rod won......again?
Jim
Smuggler

Re: Hardy Zenith Rods

Post by Smuggler » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Man.. I keep hearing nothing but good things about this rod. Which is not surprising in the least bit, I may have to check one out. Thanks Jim.