Spring 2012

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Spring 2012

Post by DUBBN » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm

It's here! To celebrate, I am floating Saturday! The BWO's are making an appearance, and I bet the caddis will be stirring under the surface. Temps are expected to be in the mid 70's. Starting to sound like a perfect day and it hasnt happened yet. ;)

Think I will take my limited streamside experience with different amounts of hackle on flymphs, drop a baeitis nymph off them and see what happens. :roll:

Dont tell Vicki, but if the fishing gets tough, I have been known to use an egg pattern as an attractor! :twisted: :twisted:
kanutripr

Re: Spring 2012

Post by kanutripr » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 am

Are you 'baiting' me Mr Dubbn.

Well congratulations, it worked! :D

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Vicki, the two compartmens to the left of my makeshift arrow are the patterns I use 90% of the time when eggs are the flavor of the day. If you find that you have too many, remember, I work for flys! :)

You do very good work on "Trout Emergers". The rest of the box is spectacular.

And yes, I was baiting you! :oops:
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 pm

My survival box. I keep it in the pouch of my waders along with tippet material. As long as I have my rod/reel, boots, waders, theres not many rivers in my neck of the woods that I cant pull a few trout out of with this box. Three compartments dedicated to flymphs, one to nymphs, and two to eggs.

kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:44 am

Well those are my salmon/steelhead boxes. They are a bit pathetic, haven't been used in a couple of years. My knees don't really like steelhead fishing anymore but hey I may give it a go yet again. ;) I really prefer teasing the little brookies anyway.

The ones just to the left of your arrow with the little crystal flash tails are quite good. I hooked into what must of been a big migratory brown last time I was salmon fishing with one of them (they like to follow the salmon in out of the lake and believe me the salmon don't run like that!). That sucker took off so fast back to the lake there wasn't a snowball's chance in you know where of ever landing it. Sucker broke off. I was just a little upset.

Anyway the little light bubble gum pink ones have been good to me too.

Looks like you've got some good patterns in that box Wayne and we'll just ignore the little bobber looking things. ;)

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:07 am

As Homer Simpson would say, "Mmmmmmmm Bobbers".

I dont have to leave for the river for another two and a half hours (6:30 AM), and here I am wide awake! :x
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Great day on the river.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 pm

William, your Molten Hemp did pretty good today. Caught a few trout and a Whitefish on it.

Caught a couple 3 to 4 lb Bows today aswell, but sorry to say they didnt take flymphs.

If my buddy sends me some pics he took for me I will post them. He used a fish eye lens. It kinda distorts the pic to make the fish look bigger. I'm not a big fan, but he likes it.

I tryed to take a scenery pic. To be honest this time of year it's kinda drab on the river.

My buddy Bob fishing the top of a run. I started at the bottom of the run. We met in the middle with a couple fish between us.

I'm exhausted from the day, but in a very good way.
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 pm

DUBBIN, Howdy;

Thanks for the pictures, glad you enjoyed the day, & caught a few fish.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:58 am

Small Brown that fell to Williams "Molten Hemp".

A second picture of the Bow. It took a Cased Caddis Soft Hackle ( March Brown with an Black Ostritch Thorax).