Saturday Morning

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Otter

Re: Saturday Morning

Post by Otter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:38 am

Very nice indeed,lovely report, havent landed anything over 15" this season , so seeing those makes me a litle envious.

I also got out on Sunday, we hold an interclub competition each year for all clubs on my lcoal river and try and raise some money for charity. Anglers are paired off and fish alternate one and a half hour sessions, 2 sessions each. A bit of competition but mainly good fun and nice to fish with someone you have never fished with before. Fishing was really difficult with the river running slightly high and the wind howled, river covered in leaves and daddy long legs regularly dancing accross the water.

Gven the conditions I had a good second session with one on dry, one on nymph and coming back down I fished spiders taking two out of about 6 takes. My buddy seeing the number of takes to my wets on the bottom section decided he would fish the same water with a dry. First cast, good trout , on , off. Second cast , same, a few cast later same... I was willing a trout to stay on. We had seen a good trout slash at daddies on the far side. It was near impossible to get a good drift but eventually he manged one over the spot and from the high bank I could see a fine trout come downstream with the fly, turn and engulfed the fly - game on. The trout made for the trees but he managed to hold it and soon had the trout directly in front, pumping hard. He grinned up at me, seems like this one will hold - 30 seconds later , off. I could have cried, he was devastated. His biggest trout to date from the river is a pound, this one i reckon was between two and three. I can but imagine the enormous grin on his face had he landed that trout. Being the kind soul that I am , for the next hour I regularily told him that he was a useless xxxxxx and his new nickname was , Cathal great flies, sh.te hooks :D .

Despite the conditions we had great fun and a day to be remembered and another friend made, ain't that whats its all about
michaelgmcgraw

Post by michaelgmcgraw » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Sho' Nuff Otter !
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:06 am

I was able to fish afterwork last night for about 45 minutes...I only managed one.

They are getting pretty this time of year.

letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 am

Wishful Sigh...

You're living the dream, Wayne! Gorgeous trout...
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I love this thread.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
gingerdun

Post by gingerdun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 am

Dubbn and Otter,

Thanks for this great series of posts.
I'm living vicariously through you til I get out on the water next week.

Lance
Stendalen

Post by Stendalen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:38 am

Great photos!
"...because it enriches my soul..."
https://www.facebook.com/stendalenflyfish/