Funny thing

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Funny thing

Post by William Anderson » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Bob K, thanks for the description. I spend a lot of time trying to understand the advantages and likelihoods of a particular approach and its the surprises that are often the most enjoyable.

Bob D, I have fished the GP a number of times and never with the bravado and confidence you carry. I'm not surprised to hear you're taking trout with sheer will, but these stories complicate the fragile structure of a system I've been working with. :D :D

You both impress me very much.

I was fishing Spring Creek in PA recently and with very unfavorable conditions, I was really intent on making the most and confirming some strongly held beliefs about my approach. I actually did well (considering) upstream and down and in different types of water, but the catch of the day by far was a sweet brown I never saw rise, but caught a tail flicker as I looked over my shoulder into the pool upstream ahead of the drop I was standing in. I had been quartering a short line downstream in a riffle, but I squeezed to flymph to dry it with the amadou and made a curved cast to put the fly just in front of his position and it was hammered on top. This is NOT to say I have achieved any impressive casting skills, it was more like a hail mary and a prayer, but it landed.

Thrilled that I was able to connect, and somewhat satisfied that there are more ways to present these flies than I will ever understand. I prefer the unknowing usually. I don't think that's ever going to be a problem for me. :D :D

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com