New member from NW Ireland

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Troutmaddave

Re: New member from NW Ireland

Post by Troutmaddave » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 am

Off to check out a new river this afternoon. The river Unchin, which is lake fed, so should be pretty clear. There have been reports of brownies upto 2lbs in it.
Wish me luck
Dave.
GONE FISHING
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:11 am

Good luck, Dave.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
Troutmaddave

Post by Troutmaddave » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Good day on a new river. Bit of a blustery day blowing up stream and a couple of flies had to be removed from the back of the hat!! Only a couple of small brownies. One on a Stewart's black and the other on a water hen bloa. Made the fatal mistake of taking my phone with me. 2 hours in I got the call to come home for dinner. Never again!!!
Just tried to post some pics but forum said that pic size to big even though the pictures I posted earlier are the exact same format. Anyone have any clue as to what is going on??
All the best guys
Dave
GONE FISHING
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:49 pm

I am fortunate. Most places I get to fish have no cell service. The locations that do have service, I am usually floating in my raft and have the phone off, and stashed in my gear.
I feel sorry for guys that I float past, and see them on their phones.
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Dave, sounds like a fun outing. Did you user photo bucket to link tyne pictures?
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Dave.... out of coverage? Ireland is only 350 miles or something like that long and every other step there is a cell tower- where do you hide!? :lol:
Phone can be set on "silent" mode, that way you miss the calls for dinner- but it is there if you need it. Good for photos as well. You want to switch it off if crossing the "border" though!

There is an optimum size for photos, think it is something like 650X400 pixels or some such. Photobucket should resize them automatically. You can set cameras for the pixel width & height- which is all well and good if you use a dedicated camera for forum photos only, but makes for grainy prints.
Read this for a helping hand- http://www.flymphforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1515
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Dave, a delayed but very warm welcome. Very glad to have you join us and I'm looking forward to learning more about what you're up to and your home water.

William
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Troutmaddave

Post by Troutmaddave » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 am

Thanks William, love your website by the way!
GONE FISHING
gingerdun

Post by gingerdun » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:42 am

Welcome, Dave.
I've been off forum for a couple of weeks, so was delighted to see you here.
Your taking the time and trouble to post images is greatly appreciated, especially since the international membership enjoys seeing exotic places.
Can your old iPhone do close-ups of NC spiders?
Lance
Troutmaddave

Post by Troutmaddave » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Lance,
I'll try a bit later with my daughters iPad.
GONE FISHING