Box switch

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

fishhead

Box switch

Post by fishhead » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 am

I was just thinking it might be fun to meet my brother on the river and tell him to bring just 1 box of flies so he puts everything he might need for the day in the 1 box and when we meet I give him my box I put together for that day and he gives me his. Like a box swap day. Might be frustrating but also a way to gain confidence in new patterns or even classics that you just don't fish. Just an idea.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Box switch

Post by William Anderson » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:11 pm

That is a very cool idea. Depending on his knowledge of the water, could be an advantage or a gamble. Curious about what water, the type of water and the time of the outing. Could be a major factor.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
redietz

Post by redietz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:28 pm

I could that idea going south in a hurry. I (and several people that I fish with) have just the kind of sense of humor to hand the other person a box of bare hooks.
Bob
zen leecher

Post by zen leecher » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:03 pm

redietz wrote:I could that idea going south in a hurry. I (and several people that I fish with) have just the kind of sense of humor to hand the other person a box of bare hooks.
as long as they include some worms.... :shock:
FliTrap

Post by FliTrap » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Yes! Quite a treat, i learning! I sometimes will do that to myself with tying a new pattern or series of flies, in that I take a small box of only those flies to fish, no less then a half day! You learn to fish flies top to bottom and in all means of presentation, until it catches!
!