Fisherboys: n=3
Follow-up time: 7 hours

Results
Number of casts: A gazillion
Number of strips: Tell me about it
Number of strikes: n=1
Number of fish: n=1
Size: 25 cm +/- 1 cm
Inflammation: n=1 blown up ring-finger due to a huge amount of repetitive strips
Influenza: n=1
Off work tying flies: n=4 days

Discussion and conclusion
Three days of fishing turned into 1 day of fishing and two days spent in the sofa. Nothing else to add.

Figure 1: Showing William. Ludvig, and Dmitrij engulfing an obscene amount of fly fishing DVD:s and candy during the three day fishing trip.
10357695_10207019905150505_7041564086298262584_o.jpg
10357695_10207019905150505_7041564086298262584_o.jpg (84.6 KiB) Viewed 9202 times
"...because it enriches my soul..."
https://www.facebook.com/stendalenflyfish/
tie2fish

Re: On the hunt for searun browns in February

Post by tie2fish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:06 am

:lol: :lol: Well told, Martin,well told!
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:59 am

:oops: Well, at least you guys got to watch people catch fish! Am I right? ;)
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Lol. Sounds a bit like most of my winter steelhead trips!
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm still laughing at this post. I hope all your future reporting is as terse, but much improved. :D :D
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Stendalen

Post by Stendalen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:29 pm

William Anderson wrote:I'm still laughing at this post. I hope all your future reporting is as terse, but much improved. :D :D
:D :D :D
"...because it enriches my soul..."
https://www.facebook.com/stendalenflyfish/
FliTrap

Post by FliTrap » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Yes.... Reminds me of my first Trout outing.
Back in the days of early Internet message boards, there was a few of the earliest sights, operating in real time only (meaning, no snap... instant... or even cell phone linkage!) thus you had a question about fly tying and you typed it out, un-aided by pics, to see if any one could lend help. (Compare to "playing Chess by "snail mail!!)
So Bob, posted that his fishing partner backed out of a trip to Bull Shoals Arkansas, to fish the White River.
Two days later, I was first to respond. He noted it was sad too, because he was going it alone, as the full guided trip was already paid for and too late for refunds. Now, I had never met Bob, face to face! I had only met him through his Bulletin board. I had never fished trout and had only been in that area of Bull Shoals once, in other travels! ---- After a few exchanges of info, this being his first trip for trout to that same area, and his promise to help me out with flies, I checked with work to get the needed days scheduled off in short notice!
Next, not knowing anything of wade fishing and having access to only a local stories, I found a pair of hip boots (yes... quit laughing) and headed to Arkansas, after work on a Thursday evening. Oh, yes.... 30 degrees, windy, and expecting drizzles or snow flurries.
So, there were were on a guided trip, Friday, and this guide (I'll leave him nameless as he still works it for a living!) but the poor guide could not get me hooking trout! Being a warm water fly guy, he had his work cut out! He even kept up out there on the water (boat guide) near two hours after our scheduled trip, and past dark, trying to get it done! I took a "fat 0" for the day!
After a great meal; a good night sleep, we were back wade fishing all the next day, minus the guide! There was 20 plus miles per hr wind blowing down stream, on some long open big valley waters, drizzle turns to flurries, as we work the top of a long ripple in what I know now as high sticking , with a Prince Nymph! Two guys standing knee deep, catching fish after fish, smiling all afternoon and chasing the sun down, to catch yet another rainbow! Slushy rain freezing across my back, teeth a chattering, I turned to Bob and asked:
--"Wasn't there some big rocks over that way, when we waded out here?"

Yes.... already in knee deep water and knowing that I had waded through deeper on the way out.... there I stood, in hip boots, as Bob, responds:
"Ya, why?"
-- "Is the water getting deeper?"
"not sure...."
--"well, those rocks are gone..."
"you know... I did see some leaves and grass go by..."

So as we made a quick exit towards the left back from which we entered.... even at my best pass, I waded through near arm pit deep waters to get out! Stood there laughing about those hip boots, as we started a near 1/2 mile walk into the wind, to return to cabin!
Yes.... I'd give up a lot of marble in the game of life to go back and do it all again! I'll never forget that trip! After all, peeling my self out of hip boots and wet clothing after that walk back to cabin, brought a whole new meaning to "rosy cheeks" :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So for the ones who started this post, Fish on! every day way and with the boys, is one to remember!!

P.S. Folks!!!
I can not state it any other way, but to "know your waters" before you wade! I ended up in a dangerous situation because neither of us understood the risks of a "tail water fishery" or the difference between the "signal horn" and a end of shift factory whistle! Its one time in my life that I thanked God, for me being a 5'10 and about 275 lbs wearing a size 3x shirt! Low center of gravity, made the difference, as skinny Bob, in his chest waders, ended up quite far down stream then I did, though he got out dry!
Be safe!! Know you waters!