First Time Out

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

First Time Out

Postby joaniebo » Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 am

Due to medical problems, haven't been able to get to a trout stream this season - until this past Wednesday afternoon. My wife and I had to visit an Orivs store to get a Barbour jacket repaired, so we stopped at a nearby trout stream and I swung a few soft hackles for a short while. On second cast had a nice hit (and miss)... stayed within 20 feet of the same spot for awhile and had a couple more hits and then caught two decent Browns on a Hare's Ear soft hackle. Doc gave approval yesterday, so in a couple weeks, will be swing soft hackles on Michigan's Au Sable's waters.
joaniebo

Re: First Time Out

Postby letumgo » Mon May 28, 2018 7:07 pm

I'm to hear your doctor gave you clearance to fish again, and you were able to get out recently. Bet it felt good swinging flies again.

Good luck on your upcoming trip. Please tell us about it when you get back. I'd love to see some pictures, it you take a camera along. Let me know if you need help posting them. I'd be happy to help.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?act=flysearch&gettyer=letumgo

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau
letumgo
Site Admin

Return to Fishing Wingless Wets