Otter

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Otter

Post by DUBBN » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks Otter.

I bet I get better at it. ;)

I tryed it out on a couple sub-par patterns for photographing. Made them look ultra "buggy".

Otter

Re: Otter

Post by Otter » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:30 pm

:) Works better on fur than feather and less is more. Don't burn yerself.......

Not strictly wingless wets :oops:

since dubbn was showing so many caddis imitations I told him about a technique that i seen on an norwegian site using hot melt glue.

thorax area is spun hares body hair , overlaid on top with a touch of hot melt glue ( tiny bit on a tip of a needle).
takes coloured pen nicely. The fly below in various colours with seals fur body, some weighted , has taken its share of fish and some good ones at that.

this is an early version, the ones i use now have the wing bud :oops: bit trimmed back to about half the length shown

http://mollanmedia.com/staffan/staffan.html - Look at bottom of list and look for lummepupa

another site: http://www.renariver.com/Flash_N/flueboksen_E.html

:D William posted whilst I was editing.
Last edited by Otter on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:39 pm

OK, is someone going to let us in on the secret to these flies? What's the bubble on these extremely fishy flies? Both very effective looking.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Otter

Post by Otter » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:46 pm

William Anderson wrote:OK, is someone going to let us in on the secret to these flies? What's the bubble on these extremely fishy flies? Both very effective looking.
see above :D