Spider box, I'm half way done with Box 1

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Spider box, I'm half way done with Box 1

Post by letumgo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 am

Kelly - I am VERY impressed with your spider box. Superb set of flies. I wish my fly boxes looked anything like this. My fly boxes are a shamble of different patterns, hooks, sizes. Nothing like the regimental order of your set. Bravo. ;) :D

PS - The fourth fly, from the end of the third row, has two hackle fibers too many. Other than that one fly, the rest are perfect.

PPS - FRIENDLY HUMOR ;) :D
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:12 pm

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>thank you Ray. I will go pluck the offending fibers right away. (kidding also) :D Glad you enjoyed the box.
Ruard

Post by Ruard » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi Kelly,

You really did a good job. it does not matter at all how long it takes you, because I presume you are not a pro.

I debarb my hooks always before I ty a fly on it: much more convenient when I hook myself.

Greeting

Ruard
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 pm

No, I am certainly no pro. I usually don't debarb hooks. (I rarely get to trout fish) I don't believe my fly hooks hurt the bream, or bass here. We do get some little bitty trout stocked in the winter. I don't always go there when they do. That place is covered with poison ivy, and it is not ideal for fly anglers. When I do go, I usually keep them. They will die in the summer, if not caught. They are pretty good tasting, but not like wild trout are. Glad you liked the box. Thanks for letting me know.
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:46 pm

I've decided...the next fly is the Bracken Clock. I just tied a couple. I have a slight variation, that looks killer to me. Y'all might not think it is an improvement, or even that good. But it pleases me to no end. I am going to the hobby store to see if I can find some more bronze peacock. I bought two the other day. Now I need more I think........rotfl. Pics later. :D
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Score. They never have this color, so I bought 4 more sticks. The rest looked bad. I can't wait to get started.
paparex

Post by paparex » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Kelly,

You said you have a competition box... Care to explain further?
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

It is a Wychwood Vuefinder Competition Fly Box. One side has ripple foam, the other side has slots. It is a huge box. It will NOT fit in your vest pocket. It will probably fit in the back of your vest. It is by far the BEST fly box I own. I got it on sale about a year and a half ago, if I remember right. I also got free shipping. They aren't cheap. But they are well worth it.