Dubbing Junky

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Ruard

Re: Dubbing Junky

Post by Ruard » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 am

Thank you all , I thought that I had to much kinds of dubbing but now I know it could be much worse, next week it will be time to go to the shop, buy a 100 liter container and fill it completly!!! :o :lol: :o :lol: :oops: :D :D

greeting
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Only a shoebox slightly overflowing? Amateur! When the sickness really hits that will be a drop in the bucket. I have enough dubbing of various types to outlast both my wife and I, our kids and grandkids. On the other hand I did see some really cool UV dubbing at the fly shop yesterday.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:25 pm

To Everyone....
I have tears rolling down my plump cheeks right now....with laughter! You folks are the best of the best! Jeff, you take the cake with the desciptions of your materials. Come to think of it, I would'nt mind visiting your place! Sounds very interesing!
Oh my gosh, I just read down thru your responses (everyones) again and had another laughing fit! I really appreciate all the humor and the laughs and the fun! This really made my day!
When can we do this again? Someone else toss out an interesting topic! Should we open up a seperate subject line under the board index called Flymph Humor? Think of the possibilities!
I am sooo happy right now and still laughing out loud!
Your local comedi-den,
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
wsbailey

Post by wsbailey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 pm

I have what, to most people, would be considered insane amounts of dubbing. My defense is that I am a dyer so to me most of it is dyeing substrate. Such as at least 20 pounds of mohair, probably about 10 pounds of cow hair, a lot wool including tups and numerous other wools, hairs and furs. I have a whole black bear hide with lots of under fur that I got cheap because the hunter drug it through blood and mud. I hosed it down and then cut it up into manageable pieces and then washed them with soap and water. What I lack is the free time to deal with all of this. It looks like I might have to retire just to have weekends off. Bill
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:30 am

Doug, if all the junkies showed for just one meeting it would require something closer to Busch Stadium, rather than my usual church basement location. Hi, my name is William and I'm a dubaholic. I can appreciate your idea of a dubbing swap...as long as I don't end up with more when it's over. Somehow that sounds like an invitation to fall off the wagon.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 am

Not only is there a growing collection of the usual stuff, but I'm also rapidly accumulating a stash of small plastic bags (some labeled) containing "leftover" blends that were created for specific patterns. It is hopeless, friends ... there is no end in sight. Tee hee :D .
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
Ruard

Post by Ruard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:28 am

tie2fish wrote:Not only is there a growing collection of the usual stuff, but I'm also rapidly accumulating a stash of small plastic bags (some labeled) containing "leftover" blends that were created for specific patterns. It is hopeless, friends ... there is no end in sight. Tee hee :D .
Give the leftovers to the crows around your home!! ;) :lol:

Greeting
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Ruard wrote:
tie2fish wrote:Not only is there a growing collection of the usual stuff, but I'm also rapidly accumulating a stash of small plastic bags (some labeled) containing "leftover" blends that were created for specific patterns. It is hopeless, friends ... there is no end in sight. Tee hee :D .
Give the leftovers to the crows around your home!! ;) :lol:

Greeting
That's an inside joke, folks :roll:

Juvenile Crow by our Deck
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Doug, I have a dubbing problem as well. Don't worry about that. I am missing the elusive camel hair dubbing, and the pig's wool dubbing. I need more seal fur dubbing. But, I think it is quite possible, that I have more dubbing than you do. :lol:
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Dang, Bill, you scared me for a minute. I thought that was one of the raven's that are lurking around your place. :twisted:
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com