Hooks for William.

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

daringduffer

Hooks for William.

Post by daringduffer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 pm

A link for William:http://www.flyhookfiller.se/krok-1/orin ... etfly.html

Would it not be nice to have a reference thread run by a competent photographer to whom you could send hooks to be pictured beside a reference hook, say Mustad R-50, with all available information written down?

Just a thought...

dd
Mataura mayfly

Re: Hooks for William.

Post by Mataura mayfly » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:55 pm

What an excellent site link! Thanks DD.
That is the only place I have seen the "Draper" hook for sale outside of NZ. Pricey compared to the others at 35K for 10 hooks, but that equates out to NZ$6:47 so it is not too far away from what we pay for run of the mill modern hooks here!

Neat idea on the photo reference, I would volunteer, but will require the sending of packs of 100....... just to check for variation. :lol: :P
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Hooks for William.

Post by William Anderson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 am

daringduffer wrote:A link for William:http://www.flyhookfiller.se/krok-1/orin ... etfly.html

Would it not be nice to have a reference thread run by a competent photographer to whom you could send hooks to be pictured beside a reference hook, say Mustad R-50, with all available information written down?

Just a thought...

dd
Stefan, thanks so much. I'll have to get moving on more hooks (like I need more stuff). The attempts to recreate some of the historic (for me the 60's and 70's constitute a far removed era) just require the right steel. I can recreate the action and the effect and the effectiveness, but it's becoming more and more interesting to attempt a more accurate result. The Skues flies really set me on a dangerous path. Thanks again.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com