Whiting Farms new 4B's Hen Capes

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: Whiting Farms new 4B's Hen Capes

Post by hankaye » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:21 pm

Jim S. Howdy;

Thanks for posting the write-up ... Hopefully you'll have fresh supplies for the Gathering. ;)

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Jim Slattery
Site Admin

Re: Whiting Farms new 4B's Hen Capes

Post by Jim Slattery » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 am

Ray,
The snow fall is pretty much typical but on the low side.....but we have another month to 2 months of snow yet. Typical we get 4 to 6 feet on the level ground and 8 to 12 feet on the drifts. I have a old International Harvester 1066 with a 8 foot wide bucket on the front and a 8 wide foot snow blower on the back. Handles the snow pretty good.
Thanks for the comments on the shop addition, halfway there. I'm really beginning to look forward the the Flymph fest. We are just about booked up! I can only hope everyone will enjoy themselves out here as much as I have.

Hank,
Glad I could help. Hopefully I will have a fresh supply on hand when you get here. They only grow so many and the 4b's are becoming popular. I have ordered white dyed in all of the classic primary and secondary colors plus the tying more natural colors that people tie with like the Olives . It's going to take a year or so before that becomes a reality.
Jim