New Hackle Site

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: New Hackle Site

Post by hankaye » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Jim S. & WiFlyfisher, Howdy;

Great idea and have wandered through some of the various pix to see what is what.
My only concern is about how true the colors are, as seen by the camera, the sending
computer then upon arrival at the viewing computer. That is my primary concern, yep
it's small and somewhat trivial but I'm more of a touchy-feely type of buyer when it
comes to things like this.
I'll probably have Jim pullin' the last bits of his hair out by the time we complete our
get togather because (in the immortal words of Sgt. Schultz), "I know nothing" an am
looking to learn... ;)

Jim, you've been warned. :lol:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Jim Slattery
Site Admin

Post by Jim Slattery » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 pm

When I size grade the Capes or saddles I look for a good quantity of feathers before I will say it ties 6, 8 ,10, 12...... on the largest sizes and the same holds true for the smaller sizes .
The colors are pretty close from the camera (Cannon EOS Rebel T2i) the monitor can change the color.
I was just shipped 196 hen capes from Whiting. Brahma Hen, American Hen ( lots of primary colors in both dyed White and dyed Grizzly for fancy wets) Hebert Hen and Whiting Hen ( these may be the most intriguing, Unique Variants)
We will post these on the new webstore site sometime next week.
This weekend is the Eastern Idaho Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls . We will be there with our Whiting Hackle and Hardy Rods and Reels.
Jim
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Good on you Jim.
As you will be aware, the customer "through the door" is becoming a thing of the past as more and more of us rely on online ordering. Well done in being proactive and taking the steps to ensure your product is presented in such a way.
Hopefully it will lead to higher volumes of sales, both locally and Internationally.
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.