Langley Superfine Silk colors

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

novabass

Langley Superfine Silk colors

Post by novabass » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:41 pm

So I'm jumping in with both feet on all things Flymph, because I've been bitten by the bug, if you know what I mean. This brings me to my latest search and learning experience with silk.
Bill informed me that Pearsall's is out of business and has changed to Langley. Have you guys figured out what some of the similar colors are? I found a thread that talked about a few, but with Primrose being such a staple, I wondered what the equivalent Langley color would be?
FrankenFly <--my website
Where fly tying comes to life!
Smuggler

Re: Langley Superfine Silk colors

Post by Smuggler » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm

It was only a matter of time Paul, I'm glad you've succumbed to the dark side. Hah! Can't wait to see more of your work.

I didn't know pearsalls went under? I just thought Langley was there to fill the void on some of the more obscure colors that pearsalls no longer puts out. (Without looking) I don't think Langley produces a primrose, do they?
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Paul, always great to see someone slipping down the slippery slope. Welcome to the fun. I'll try to be more engaged when I get home, but there are a number of folks here who have fooled with the new colors amd naming. Some if it is more direct than others but for names andnumbers it could take some to make the comparisons. My memory isn't any better than in past years so we very likely have covered this very topic to the point of specifics. Someone will remember the link.

Great to see your flies and thanks so much for jumping in. Please poster with every question that crosses your mind. I always learn something new every time familiar questions are posted.

Back soon.

W
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:29 pm

http://www.flymphforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... lk+colours

Covers some of the changes and provides links to other discussions.
I remember seeing a conversion table somewhere.......
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.