Swap suggestion feeler.

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Mataura mayfly

Re: Swap suggestion feeler.

Post by Mataura mayfly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Yep, that is the material Ray. Not that particular possum, I have very little left of that one- had a request from The Netherlands for some "red toned" possum, so a section of the shoulder area went over there and other pelt sections went to the States.
I forgot one of the full pelts I sent over still had a tail, I thought the "black fur" was from the Roscoe mascot William sent me the photo of. So the mascots grey/white mate was also not divided up?
I do not remember sending Wallaby this time- or was it extra from last year? If I did send some this year it would not have been a lot as supplies are low on the Wallaby front.
I am also guessing the Ferret did not make it out of "Dodge" and did not stretch as far as the "extra" packs?

Seems like we will all just have to play with what we got given and no two sets will be the same (except the two I mailed out yesterday!) ;)
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Mataura mayfly, Howdy;

I received a fairly large 4.5"X5.33" of some gray/white fur that gets sort
of yellowish/cream colored towards the belly (I presume), I think Jeff and I decieded
what it may be in a PM,a bit of the possum, and a smallish patch of some indeterminate
goldish brown/black fur with a staple length of almost (not quite), 1/2" long with grayish
under fur. Is it (the undetermined), an import or from a North American critter that hasn't
been ID'ed as of yet???

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
gig

Post by gig » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Sorry fellas it looks like I have to pull out of this swap as I don't have the materials required.
Life is good, why waste it.
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:04 pm

gig wrote:Sorry fellas it looks like I have to pull out of this swap as I don't have the materials required.
No you don't. I sent out two small packs yesterday to members who did not get Roscoe packs, so they could have roughly the same materials as what was gifted out. Not a lot, but enough to get through the swap flies and maybe a bit more.
If you would still like to play, PM me a postal address and I can do the same for you and keep you in the play. ;)
fflutterffly

Post by fflutterffly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Gig just tie anything! It's all for fun. This is purely just a do what you want swap. Stay.
"Every day a Victory, Every year a Triumph" Dan Levin (My Father)
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Jeff is a sweetheart.
Just sayin'.
fflutterffly

Post by fflutterffly » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 pm

fflutterffly
William Anderson
Ruard
Hankaye
Matauramayfly
Zen Leecher
gig
Ron eagle elk
Smuggler
DW Clapp

We have 10!
"Every day a Victory, Every year a Triumph" Dan Levin (My Father)
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Geez..... I've been called a lot of things...... by a lot of different folk........ but sweetheart?
I'm not sure if I should be blushing........ :lol:

Ms Fflutterffly, it looks like you might be landed with a few overseas return postages. Are you happy with a selection of materials to help negate the costs, or folding stuff?
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:38 am

Mataura mayfly wrote:Yep, that is the material Ray. Not that particular possum, I have very little left of that one- had a request from The Netherlands for some "red toned" possum, so a section of the shoulder area went over there and other pelt sections went to the States.
I forgot one of the full pelts I sent over still had a tail, I thought the "black fur" was from the Roscoe mascot William sent me the photo of. So the mascots grey/white mate was also not divided up?
I do not remember sending Wallaby this time- or was it extra from last year? If I did send some this year it would not have been a lot as supplies are low on the Wallaby front.
I am also guessing the Ferret did not make it out of "Dodge" and did not stretch as far as the "extra" packs?

Seems like we will all just have to play with what we got given and no two sets will be the same (except the two I mailed out yesterday!) ;)
Jeff, I added quite a bit of my own yarns and other materials to the mix, including a few squares of wallaby you sent earlier (I had a lifetime supply and some left over, thank you).
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:43 am

fflutterffly wrote:fflutterffly
William Anderson
Ruard
Hankaye
Matauramayfly
Zen Leecher
gig
Ron eagle elk
Smuggler
DW Clapp

We have 10!
Ariel, I'm glad to participate, but not at the expense of having anyone who was not able to attend the gathering and who would like to play. If there is anyone who expressed interest please let me know. Id have more fun seeing this get played out with those who couldn't make it. Thanks.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com