images

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Soft-hackle
Site Admin

images

Post by Soft-hackle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Some of you may have noticed that the fly photos were showing up cropped in the posts. I have adjusted this attribute so the images will be resized to fit in the window of your browser according to your settings. To see the full image, click on the image in the post and a new window will open containing the full image.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
John Dunn

Re: images

Post by John Dunn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Mark that's much better on my screen, good show.

John
"The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still able." - Sparse Grey Hackle
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Mark,
Some of you may have noticed that the fly photos were showing up cropped in the posts. I have adjusted this attribute so the images will be resized to fit in the window of your browser according to your settings.
Uh... why the change? Were there complaints?

Thanks,
Hans W
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Hans,
The images were being cropped off by the size of the forum for those with monitors set at 800 X 600 dpi. Now, most of the photos larger than 600, are reduced in appearance so you see the entire photo. Clicking on the photo brings up another window, which helps to view the image full size. Unfortunately, the phpBB3 software prosilver style, which this forum set up is based on, has no resize modification for the entire forum, so the images were being cut/cropped off. I was only seeing about half of the photos you were posting.

If I can figure something else out, I'll modify it.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Mark,

Ok.

Hans W
Ruard

Post by Ruard » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:59 pm

I like the possibillity to enlarge the foto, because the little ones on the forum itself are a bit ugly with lines that are not straight, but the enlarged ones are beautiful.
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
skunkaroo

Post by skunkaroo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Not that it matters too much, but if you right click on almost any of my photos and you'll find that they are all 540 pixels wide. This happens to be the default resolution on the now virtually obsolete 15" VGA monitor. It's a useful trick. By going to this resolution it usually means little or no cropping on almost any screen size, though the real estate taken up by other forum elements means even these might get clipped depending on your monitor.

A little geek trivia :D

Aaron
Aaron Laing, New Westminster BC
Moderator - FlyBC Flytying Forum
Stream Time Blog - Current Article: The Leggy Blond (Hawaiian bonefish pattern) (January 2011)
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Post by Soft-hackle » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks Aaron.

There is no way that I know of to have the window resize to the size of the photo. It is a software thing. I could have used a different template, however, the RSS feed would not have been possible with the lesser of the two basic formats.

Mark