KANUTRIPR'S FLY

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

KANUTRIPR'S FLY

Post by willowhead » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 am

Vicki, your fly is finished.....every time i get home for a week or more, i fall right back into my old way.....up all night, sleep til the crack of noon. Thirty years in the music business.....what can i say..... 8-) It's 6:30 a.m. and i just finished your fly.
Hook: Antique Mustad 3899 4/0
Thread: Danville Primrose 6/0
Tag: Flat Embossed Vintage Copper Tinsel
Tail: Two Peacock Crest Feathers belly to belly
Butt: Black Ostrich Herl
Rear half of Body: an old very beautiful glass bead, Black/Copper/Pink & Blue
Front half of Body: Midnight Blue Dubbing w/ sparkle in it that has Blue & pink highlights.....
Rib: same tinsel as the tag
Hackle: Silver Doctor Blue dyed Grizzly butted (from the first turn), to each turn of ribbing, and serving as the first collar,
Speckled Guinea over (in front of), that.
Head: dyed Fandango Pink
Eye: dyed Blue
i left off the/a wing so as to conform with the flymph concept. :D :lol:
Hope you like it.....the second coat of head dressing is still drying. When doing these types of flies i usually (have found a formula that works pretty damn well with just three coats), start (first coat, saturated) with Griff's Thin.....second coat, Hard Headed (water based, use plenty), which serves very well to fill in any discrepancies or flaws in the wraps, and dries very shinny.....third coat.....Sally Hanson's Shinny Top coat, or better yet, Mega Shine or the newest, Diamond Finish. ;)
Think i'll go have a couple dreams now..... :)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
kanutripr

Re: KANUTRIPR'S FLY

Post by kanutripr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Mark

I am sincerely honoured. This was very unexpected. It looks like that fly must have taken a LOT of work. I cannot wait to see it.

I have been out taking photos (little hint) for your gift.

I understand your sleeping schedule. I am a transit driver (oops wasn't going to say :lol: ) and work nights so even on my days off I usually keep the same schedule. I hope your dreams were sweet!

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi, well, i told you i'd tye you on.....so i did. :D Now all i have to do is figure out how to mail it. :? Probably have to do the same thing i did for Hakan in Sweden. :lol: That means gluing a cock inside this thing that dentist use to hold false teeth. :P Long story........ :roll: But it works............
i just woke up bout a half hour or so ago......can't wait to see the pic. ;) Thankx for you kindness. Your fly didn't take any work at all.....i mean in the sense of "work." i LOVE to tye so much that it's a PURE pleasure for me.
i was dreaming of my wife's return tomorrow night............GREAT dream Tkx. ;) So, i'll be on the road most of tomorrow. Have a great holiday. 8-)

kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Yeah it's Thanksgiving for you guys this week isn't it? Happy Thanksgiving to all neighbours south of the border.

Your lovely wife's return will be a nice holiday present.

Vicki
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 pm

:oops: ooppss.....forgot there for a second where you live. Extremely easy for a person like me to do..........i NEVER think in terms of countries..........all we got is a planet................your either a world class citizen..................or......well, no need to go there. :D 11th Commandment: edit Thy ****. :P

hankaye

Post by hankaye » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Vicki,

Obviously, he's not going to post a photo of your fly.

Would you be so kind as to post one when you are able to settle down as it will probably get ya all fluttered out of shape for a while...

just askin' ... figured I would as most would like to ...just haven't figured out how yet :lol:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 pm

It sounds like Mark was still putting on the finishing touches but I promise to post a pic if he doesn't. :lol:

I can't wait to see it myself!!!

Vicki
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 am

i'm just a bit pressed for time.....the last coat of head finish (Sally's) just went on a few hours ago.......we have no water in the house because a local water line is broken.....they're not even saying when it'll be fixed.....i have a dead battery on one truck and the other one (brand new), has to go in the body shop for a repair :roll: ........(deer)........i gotta go to another state tomorrow to pick up my wife at the airport.......there's bout 6 billion leaves outside that have to be dealth with........i did manage to get the deck cleaned up today........got the grocery shopping done..........still dealing with well over a months worth of mail...........that's typical........found a missing credit card at the post office.....they've been saving it for us for over a month......ah......oh well, that's enough. "All good things folks.............all good things." ;)

kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:05 am

It's all good Mark. We're like little kids that have to wait for Christmas!

Vicki
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 am

i'm exactly the same way...........when it comes to tying, flies, tyes, materials, etc., etc........to bad days don't last 50 hours..... :D and we never hadda sleep :lol: ............hell, sleep when your dead........... :P
sssssssssssshhhhhhhhh, your fly got an extra coat of Sally's..........Diamond Shine. 8-) p.s. the water's back on now. :D