Copy Cat Flies

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

tie2fish

Copy Cat Flies

Post by tie2fish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:53 pm

UC Steve has posted a couple of patterns recently that really struck my fancy, and I have tied some of each for my own use. It was suggested by another member that I post photos of these flies on the Forum, so here they are:
Allgrouse II.jpg
Allgrouse II.jpg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
Imminent Emergence II.jpg
Imminent Emergence II.jpg (95.36 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Copy Cat Flies

Post by William Anderson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Bill, thank you for posting these. When Steve posted his flies they struck the same as you and I'm glad you went right to the vise to make these a part of your fishing season. These should both be killers and you've done an exceptional job following Steve's lead. Kudos to you both.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
UC Steve

Post by UC Steve » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Bill, stunning examples of these two baits. Really cool to see them together. You illustrate how truly mayfly-like these 2 can be. Hope they work as well in the East as they do on my home water. Flattered that somebody would interpret them so nicely.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Steve - I can't think of a higher compliment than Bill has offered here. Bill knows a good fishing fly when he sees it. ;) :D

Bill - Fantastic job. I love seeing posts like this. Inspiring on multiple levels. VERY COOL! ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean