Della Vedova

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Johnno

Della Vedova

Post by Johnno » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Ray posted a pic of one of these recently having caught fish on it on a recent trip he had...

Here it is: named after a stretch of a local river that I developed this fly for some years ago...

Gold tag, gold fine wire rib, mix of mid olive green rabbit, and seal fur with a hackle of pheasant neck
letumgo
Site Admin

Re: Della Vedova

Post by letumgo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:55 am

John - I love this fly. This was the first of your flies I reached for in my box a couple weeks ago. One look at this fly and you gut tells you it is a "catching" fly. Sure enough...it worked like a charm! Thanks John. ;)

I caught this guy at the end of a long riffle pool The fly had just completed the drift and was hanging at the end of the line, being knocked around by the current. As I lifted the rod, there was resistance that felt like a snag, then a firm tug letting me know that a fish had grabbed the fly. He put up a great fight, but I eventually netted him. I was amazed with how healthy and plump this fish was. A nice healthy brown trout.

Here was the next brown I caught. I took this photo as I was pulling him in. Sort of an action shot, but it turned out blurry.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
fishhead

Re: Della Vedova

Post by fishhead » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:39 am

Really nice, you can tell it will be a great fish catching fly and it looks sweet, before testing it out thanks for the share. Great pattern.