kangaroo meets Clark dubbing block

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

fly_fischa

Re: kangaroo meets Clark dubbing block

Post by fly_fischa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:30 am

Heya Lance,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond so thoroughly, this is exactly what I'd hoped for.
I obviously don't tie this way and the sample is of my first attempt at making brushes on the Clark dubbing block, I've only made 3 cards since I've owned it, so my experience counts for naught.
When I refer to waste I'm thinking of the pearsals, you make a good point I should work out what size noodle I need for the flies intend to dress and use a length of silk that is closer to the end result, I could also adjust my cards, cut them down for smaller dubbing noodles. Unfortunately I'm kinda flying blind and guesstimating/winging it, making it up as I go along probably isn't ideal.

I do like the idea of making parts and having spun bodies carded and ready to wrap. I also like the degree of control it affords u in taper and sparseness.

What I love most is hearing about how Leisenring used the method and his background.

Thanks for taking the time Lance, a fantastic read and it's certainly got me thinking... K :D