Early Spring Spider

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Ruard

Re: Early Spring Spider

Post by Ruard » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Nice fly Bill, it remembers me at Norway, there were also little black small mayflies.

I plan to tie some of these to use next summer (last 1/2 week august, first 1/2 week of september) ig to Norway with my brother.

Well done.

greeting

Ruard
There will allways be a solution.
http://www.aflyinholland.nl
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Bill - This is such a lovely little spider. Graceful, like a natural insect. No doubt, an extremely effective pattern. Thank you for the inspiration.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks to all for your kind comments.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Bill,
This beautiful pattern that you have created is just unbelievably good! The quill and dubbing work are beyond description! The quality level in which you operate inspires us all! After seeing your wonderful work, we all want to set down and have at it!
Doug
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:39 pm

Bill, I'm so glad to see this. I've been putting boxes together based on seasons and locations, a bit of a different approach. I have a few very similar to these for just the purpose you mentioned but i wondered whether or not to carry these as well. Your fly makes a compelling argument for loading this back in my early season box. Nicely tied.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com