Dark needle inspired wet

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Theroe

Re: Dark needle inspired wet

Post by Theroe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:07 am

Nice work Karsten - very nice! I’m just wondering....what type of hook is that??

I guess everyone knew that question was coming ......
Soft and wet - the only way....
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Dana, from his first post:

Dark needle inspired wet

Postby fly_fischa » 02 Feb 2018, 09:40
I'm embarrassed to say I've never tied a herl head wet before :oops: It seemed like an appropriate pattern to tie on these gorgeous E Hille and company #201 size 14 hooks kindly gifted to me by Dana/Theroe.
dd
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:31 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

see how this hook sickness gets???

i just gaze at the iron, never reading the words.....good lord!!

thanks dd
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:35 am

fly_fischa wrote:I'm embarrassed to say I've never tied a herl head wet before :oops: It seemed like an appropriate pattern to tie on these gorgeous E Hille and company #201 size 14 hooks kindly gifted to me by Dana/Theroe. I absolutely love this iron, I'll have to take a super macro of the barb/business end when I get time, incredible artifact! Thanks so much again Dana, I'm forever in your debt...

I probably should have practiced before tying these on the real deal, razor blades may still come out :roll:

The first tie uses golden plover for the hackle and the second tie golden partridge. I didn't have 6B so used antique gold waxed with cobblers wax.

K

Karsten - that is a masterpiece...one of the VERY BEST ive seen posted on this forum!!
fly_fischa

Post by fly_fischa » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Thank u Raymond, ur selfless generosity never ceases to amaze me. :D Unfortunately I’ve misplaced ur postal address ;)

Thank u again Dana, this hook is quite possibly one of my personal favs, it is perfect in its form. That symmetry of the round bend and the detail under macro shows the unique details/thumbprint of every iron where the barb has been created. Truly special! I will save these first two ties for u. More to come watch this space...
SenecaLaker

Post by SenecaLaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Just Wow Karsten, I don't know what else to say. The fly, the photos, keep em comin. Thank you sir

Dave
fly_fischa

Post by fly_fischa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 am

Thank you Dave, you’re too kind...
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:55 am

fly_fischa wrote:Thank u Raymond, ur selfless generosity never ceases to amaze me. :D Unfortunately I’ve misplaced ur postal address ;)

Thank u again Dana, this hook is quite possibly one of my personal favs, it is perfect in its form. That symmetry of the round bend and the detail under macro shows the unique details/thumbprint of every iron where the barb has been created. Truly special! I will save these first two ties for u. More to come watch this space...
your comments are EXACTLY what draws me to these old irons......every maker leaves their mark, ever so differently!

Dana