Preben Torp Jacobsen.

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

joaniebo

Preben Torp Jacobsen.

Post by joaniebo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:22 am

Although the site is still accessible, I believe that Mr. Jacobsen passed away quite a few years ago. For those interested in this famous Danish fly tyer / fisherman, here's the link:

http://www.flyleaves.dk/index_gl.htm
wsbailey

Re: Preben Torp Jacobsen.

Post by wsbailey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Some time before he passed away in 2004, I got in contact with PTJ in order to buy one of his books. We exchanged several letters and he introduced me to his friend in Brittany who is mentioned in the section Francois LeNy. We're still friends to this day. He was a great guy and I wish I had gotten to know him sooner.
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:06 am

joaniebo wrote:Although the site is still accessible, I believe that Mr. Jacobsen passed away quite a few years ago. For those interested in this famous Danish fly tyer / fisherman, here's the link:

http://www.flyleaves.dk/index_gl.htm
Thank you for this link; I found his information helpful and his writing style delightful.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
Johnno

Post by Johnno » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:40 pm

I enjoyed the Tups write up..
Tom Smithwick

Post by Tom Smithwick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:14 am

I was a bit surprised a few weeks ago to find out that Mr. Jacobsen was also an accomplished bamboo rod maker. I got an email from my friend Dr. Wolfram Schott in Germany asking me to review a technical article he wrote for an online magazine describing a very clever device for setting accurate depths on the steel planing forms that most of us use. At the beginning of the article he credits Mr Jacobsen as his mentor and the inventor of the device. That is really saying something, as Wolfram himself is a highly skilled and influential maker.