Red Wine Kebari

Moderators: letumgo, William Anderson

User avatar
Roadkill
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:09 am
Location: Oregon

Red Wine Kebari

Post by Roadkill » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:08 pm

Hook-Wholesale Fly Company Model:28 #12
Bead- Red Silver Lined Glass Bead
Thread and Body- UTC 70 Wine
Rib- S Red Ultra Wire
Thorax-Purple Merino Wool with Rainbow Antron
Hackle-Copper hued Pheasant Neck Feather

ImageIMGP1126 by William Lovelace, on Flickr
DOUGSDEN
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Sardis, Ohio

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:22 pm

Roadkill,
Very interesting pattern you have created! I love the depth of color in the body (hence the name, "Red Wine Kebari"! And, there is yet another use for pheasant which you have sought out and applied masterfully well!
This is a stellar pattern! Nice work friend! Have you taken it for a trip around your favorite pool or still water?
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
User avatar
Ron Eagle Elk
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:33 am
Location: Carmel, Maine

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:08 pm

That's really nice. Can't stop looking at it. Fishing report when it happens, please.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Mike62
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by Mike62 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:32 am

Alan (brk trt) talked me into buying a Tiny Ten this year. I'm going use Roadkill's flies as a primer on Tenkara and spend the winter gearing up. Beautiful flies, Roadkill, beautiful.
User avatar
letumgo
Site Admin
Posts: 11683
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Contact:

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by letumgo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Bill - Lovely! I especially like the look of the black tips on the pheasant feathers. I need to keep an eye out for those feathers, next time I’m using pheasant.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
User avatar
hankaye
Posts: 6303
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Arrey, N.M. aka 32°52'37.63"N, 107°18'54.18"W

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by hankaye » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 am

Mike62, Howdy;
Mike62 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:32 am Alan (brk trt) talked me into buying a Tiny Ten this year. I'm going use Roadkill's flies as a primer on Tenkara and spend the winter gearing up. Beautiful flies, Roadkill, beautiful.
What is this Tiny Ten of which you speak??? Still being curious...

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Mike62
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by Mike62 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:58 pm

hankaye wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 am Mike62, Howdy;
Mike62 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:32 am Alan (brk trt) talked me into buying a Tiny Ten this year. I'm going use Roadkill's flies as a primer on Tenkara and spend the winter gearing up. Beautiful flies, Roadkill, beautiful.
What is this Tiny Ten of which you speak??? Still being curious...

hank
Hi, Hank. It's a small stream tenkara rod! The price is ridiculously affordable and the rod is a hoot to use. I'll eventually graduate up to a grownup rod (...or maybe not) but for now, these small, alder choked northern Maine streams are perfect for this rod.

https://tinytenkara.com/products/tiny-ten-rod
BrkTrt
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by BrkTrt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:53 pm

I was out today pushing through the snow with my Tiny Ten...I found a few willing brookies and they liked my Tenkara nymphs.

Alan
User avatar
hankaye
Posts: 6303
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Arrey, N.M. aka 32°52'37.63"N, 107°18'54.18"W

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by hankaye » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:08 am

Mike62, Howdy;
Mike62 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:58 pm
hankaye wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 am Mike62, Howdy;
Mike62 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:32 am Alan (brk trt) talked me into buying a Tiny Ten this year. I'm going use Roadkill's flies as a primer on Tenkara and spend the winter gearing up. Beautiful flies, Roadkill, beautiful.
What is this Tiny Ten of which you speak??? Still being curious...

hank
Hi, Hank. It's a small stream tenkara rod! The price is ridiculously affordable and the rod is a hoot to use. I'll eventually graduate up to a grownup rod (...or maybe not) but for now, these small, alder choked northern Maine streams are perfect for this rod.

https://tinytenkara.com/products/tiny-ten-rod
Thanks for the link, makes sense. Growing up in Eastern Pa. there were tons of small creeks that could have used
one of them on.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
ronr
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:03 pm
Location: Central Oregon/Texas Transplant

Re: Red Wine Kebari

Post by ronr » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 am

I tried to buy one of these last year. they returned my money as they has lost their business in a fire.. .are they back in business?
Post Reply