Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Johnno

Re: Hare's Ear, Pheasant Tails & Hackles

Post by Johnno » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:03 am

Pffft. Rookie Stash that... :lol:
mooney4

Post by mooney4 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 am

Hi all!! As a relative newbie to traditional wet and flymph patterns and fishing them I'm a self proclaimed material junkie too!! I've really fallen in love the the history and tradition of this technique. The pictures are amazing to me to see. The question posed is so true. But that won't stop me from my mission to keep finding more and interesting tying materials!!! LOL!!! Thank you
jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:20 pm

PhilA - Thanks for the pics of Datus Proper's traveling fly tying kit. Amazing! I need to get his book out and read it again this winter. So many books, so little time.

I'm finding since I got hooked on soft hackles that I have been accumulating quite a bit of materials in the past 4 years. Not even close to what most of you have, but I'm putting money away in hopes of buying more stuff this spring at the Expo. Honestly though, I have only been using a couple of flies this year and I don't plan to change, cause they have been working so good for me. Still, I will continue to acquire more and more. It's an addiction!
Greg