Metz Hen Capes

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Ron Eagle Elk

Re: Metz Hen Capes

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:49 pm

letumgo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:40 pm John - Thank's for posting the link. I now know what I want for Christmas! My lack of impulse control kicked in this morning and I've sent off an order. Looking forward to playing around with my new toys when they arrive. I have never seen a flecked blue dun skin for sale before, so could not resist this chance.
Ray, Jim mentioned those when I talked to him, one was added to my order. Very pretty.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:35 pm

I'm beginning to worry that my hackle order has gotten lost in the mail. I placed my order on the 12th, but still have not received the USPS shipment. When I check their website, it stopped giving updates on the 18th. The package was some place in Idaho at that time. Jim does such a nice job shipping these out (usually on the same day), but the package has gotten bogged down in transit. Still hoping it shows up by Christmas, but it's looking less likely every day...
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:49 pm

All the shipping companies are currently buried in Christmas orders, and trying to get the COVID vaccine distributed to various cities. No worries. Not like I don’t already have tons of hackle to play with already. :D :lol: :roll:

letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny! :D

NightWatchman

Post by NightWatchman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:42 pm

US mail has been very late this month. Took 11 days for a letter I sent from Boston to New Orleans to arrive and I’ve been on the phone with my insurance company and they have told me that they are experiencing very delayed mail in many parts of the country so I wouldn’t worry yet.
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:47 pm

ForumGhillie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:56 pm I just got some Black Rifle Coffee delivered in 2 days from Utah to WI... Fedex handed it off to USPS.

No more hackle for me!!! :lol: :lol:
No more hackle? Yeah, right!!!!!!!
Soft and wet - the only way....
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:47 am

Mailed Vickie's car payment on December 1st from the Carmel Post Office. It arrived in Old Town 19 days later. I can drive from Carmel to Old Town in 20 minutes if I do the speed limit.

Luckily, the 5 beautiful Metz hen capes I ordered from our pal, Jim, arrived in less than a week from Montana to Maine. Still haven's had time to tie anything with them, but maybe tomorrow, once I clear the driveway of the 9 inches of snow that's predicted.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Variant

Post by Variant » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:38 am

ForumGhillie wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:20 am
Theroe wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:47 pm
ForumGhillie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:56 pm I just got some Black Rifle Coffee delivered in 2 days from Utah to WI... Fedex handed it off to USPS.

No more hackle for me!!! :lol: :lol:
No more hackle? Yeah, right!!!!!!!
Jim called me yesterday. Guess what is heading my way? :lol: :lol:
More Metz soft hackle!😀

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:50 pm

ForumGhillie wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:03 pm
My News Year resolution is to fish more, sip more whiskey and buy nothing more, just sell stuff. Of course, i said that last year too, :D
Amen brother!!!

NightWatchman

Post by NightWatchman » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:14 pm

I’ve had mixed results with Metz hen capes. This year I was very happy with a furnace cape I recieved.
Very nice hackle and coloring but a month latter I ordered a black hen and it was a dyed cape of poor quality
that is no comparison to the black Herbert Miner I’ve purchased in the past. I’ll probably give the Metz cape away
To someone who is starting out or trade it.