GRHE Dark Version

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Mike62

Re: GRHE Dark Version

Post by Mike62 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:09 am

Bazzer69 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:35 am
John , thanks for giving us a detailed method off blending fur. I personally don’t need a lot so a couple of masks will be good for me. Have you ever tried a LAW dubbing rake?
I’m wondering if the Hares Masks we buy in the USA are the same as those in the U.K.? Over here I don’t believe the “Hare” exists, but the Jack Rabbit does, or maybe they are one of the same thing. If anybody knows maybe they could set me straight.
Thanks
Barry
In Maine all we have is Snowshoe Hare, and usually in abundance. I think it was Leisenring who said that American Hare was worthless, but having never used a true English Hare's mask I couldn't tell you why.
SenecaLaker

Re: GRHE Dark Version

Post by SenecaLaker » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Growing up in the adirondacks, I cant count the number of masks and feet that went in the trash after hunting and skinning them. We have some here in Michigan, but they are becoming more and more rare. I believe that the decline is due to habitat and other factors. I would love to come across one these days to score a few feet and a mask. Just need to put some time in the woods.

Dave