Fun Day

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

Re: Fun Day

Post by DOUGSDEN » Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Wayne,
You are making me melt with envy! A picture is worth a thousand words and your pictures are quite wordy....and enjoyable! You are sooo blessed! Beautiful fish!
Send out more pictures,
Doug
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Amazing. It's hard to find a complaint with days like this on the river. That caddis pupa you tied, I'm really digging that pattern.
paparex

Post by paparex » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Wayne,
I attempted to copy your pattern but I am having a problem with the brown soft hackle. How did you get it so neat? Mine is too long. Also any comments on the green dubbing for me? Nice tie!!!!
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 pm

paparex wrote:Wayne,
I attempted to copy your pattern but I am having a problem with the brown soft hackle. How did you get it so neat? Mine is too long. Also any comments on the green dubbing for me? Nice tie!!!!
Thank you so much.

The Hackle is Brown hen from Whitings. I tie it in by the stem much like Has does. Go through his videos and you will see how easy it is.

The Green dubbing is Chartreuse antron from fly tyers dungeon. Hank gave it to me. It is tyed in a split thread. Also, check Hans's videos for this technique.