Generic PT's

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Generic PT's

Post by William Anderson » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Wayne, I'd load a box with these anyday, myself. Just very effective looking flies. I would have a tough time choosing between the two. The first pattern using the harvested wire is great because the wire actually creates a part of the profile, more than just segmentation and glint. Cool find and a great use.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Wayne,
That Brahma hen is smokin'! And, your flies aren't bad either! I like the very first one the best! Do you feel the need to keep this hen pelt under lock and key? Is it insured?
From a slobbering admirerer in Ohio,
Dougshen
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Wayne - I finally had a little time this afternoon to play around with the cree and coachman brown hen you sent over. It's been over a month since I've played around at the vice. I loved both of the hen hackles. Thank you. ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
crazy4oldcars

Post by crazy4oldcars » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 pm

JStockard provided the following:

Not truly a Brahma, but nicely speckled feathers, none the less. I REALLY like the grey.
Gonna be tying during the football games today. I'll see if anything comes out as share-worthy. :lol: :oops:

Kirk
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Kirk, I am sure you will create something spectacular with those gorgeous feathers.