Tups Indespensible nymph

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

William Anderson
Site Admin

Re: Tups Indespensible nymph

Post by William Anderson » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm

tie2fish wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:21 pm
William Anderson wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm Carl's correct that the rear is buttonhole twist, which is a size D silk, ... " [quote}

Tups Flymph.jpg
Bill, this is a quintessential tie for me. It's impeccably constructed and clearly reads more like a sulphur dun than a nymph pattern. Since I fish this pattern during a sulphur hatch I like the longer hackle and tail fibers. One of the odd shifts that comes from translating a UK pattern to Eastern US water.
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Re: Tups Indespensible nymph

Post by tie2fish » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 pm

William Anderson wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm
tie2fish wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:21 pm
William Anderson wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm Carl's correct that the rear is buttonhole twist, which is a size D silk, ... " [quote}

Tups Flymph.jpg
Bill, this is a quintessential tie for me. It's impeccably constructed and clearly reads more like a sulphur dun than a nymph pattern. Since I fish this pattern during a sulphur hatch I like the longer hackle and tail fibers. One of the odd shifts that comes from translating a UK pattern to Eastern US water.
Thanks, W. I should have mentioned that I posted this photo to show the Gudebrod "D" rod winding thread abdomen, not as an example of a Tups nymph per se.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"