Tups

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

hankaye

Re: Tups

Post by hankaye » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Bazzer69, Howdy;
Bazzer69 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:54 pm Has anyone have any genuine Tups dubbing. By that I don’t mean recent blends but dubbing that’s been verified as being from the early 1900’s? I’m looking for the impossible? Certainly, but no harm in asking. I would like to borrow some and then return it. I would only need a tiny sample to put under the microscope and attempt to establish what the ingredients where!
Please let me know if you know of any.
Thanks
Barry
Dang, that cat's been outta the bag of almost a century ...

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
Bazzer69

Re: Tups

Post by Bazzer69 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:37 pm

hankaye wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:27 pm Bazzer69, Howdy;
Bazzer69 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:54 pm Has anyone have any genuine Tups dubbing. By that I don’t mean recent blends but dubbing that’s been verified as being from the early 1900’s? I’m looking for the impossible? Certainly, but no harm in asking. I would like to borrow some and then return it. I would only need a tiny sample to put under the microscope and attempt to establish what the ingredients where!
Please let me know if you know of any.
Thanks
Barry
Dang, that cat's been outta the bag of almost a century ...

hank
Actually it’s not, the recipe was top secret for many years and even then the actual ingredients were only vaguely referenced. Never the excact proportions. It’s been a quest of mine for a while to find out, not that I ever even fish a Tups! I have my own blend, but it’s only a guess.
Barry
Love both fly fishing and fly tying, been doing it for a while
But not much good at either