Brown Hackle Peacock......

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

Re: Brown Hackle Peacock......

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Wow! You guys are awesome! It's nice to have such great support on these projects especially coming from Ray who stepped me thru the technical stuff over the phone and across our computer screens! Gee, a S by S on a S by S!
Mike, your first post on the forum! I'm glad you chose this thread to introduce yourself! I am not that good of a tier. In fact, I am the sapling in between the giant sequoia's! Welcome to the Flymph Forum! Show us some of your work! We are all wanting to know you better!
John, I have done fine copper wire wound into and around the hurls! I have trouble cutting the delicate hurls because I twist to much! When I get it right, it is an awesome thing! You have inspired me! Where's my copper?
Hank, you make me laugh! Tiny drops, not a slathering! Yea, I like gluing them together!
I can't get away this evening without recognizing the influence of our pal Bill Shuck in my tying and fishing! And, I now realize what a driving force he was with so many people on the Forum and in his personal life as well! There was hardly a person here that has not known the subtle genius of Bill! He was a friend to all and a peach of a fellow to boot! That influence is evident in the way I tie and in this pattern! What a friend! What a legacy!
Peacock hurls......these particular bronze (magenta actually with gold overtones) beauties came from a co-worker of mine who has a passion for raising peacocks! She came to work one morning with a culm of beautiful feathers each one about three feet long! I almost swallowed my coffee cup, hot coffee and all! Not all of them were good! Some of them were simply unusable! Some of the had the bronziness that you see up above! I have made a donation to this lady to keep the "Peacock Chow" in front of these birds! There were also quite a few sword feathers which I clipped, bagged, and stored for future streamer or Salmon Fly work!
The End.....I think?
Dougsden
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:44 am

Partsman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:56 pm Dougsden, I’m a new guy here and my first post is thanking you for a great sbs! I will be sure to tie some of these up.
Thanks again, Mike.

Welcome to the forum. Doug's pattern will work in almost any water that I fish. I use it, or something similar on Freestones, tailwaters, lake and ponds.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 am

Partsman (Mike) - Welcome to the forum. Look around and make yourself comfortable. Feel free to join in the conversation, ask questions, provide answers and post patterns. Nice to meet you (virtually). ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Partsman

Post by Partsman » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:02 pm

Thanks all for the invites, I’m learning a lot already and really enjoy the website. Yes John I’m that same partsman on trout nut which is another great site and I find your post there very helpful.
Thanks again Mike.